Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Servant's Heart

This morning, I had such a hard time waking up. Even with the help of sweet hugs from my husband, my eyes just did not want to open. So, I only had time to make the coffee. And to be honest, I was not happy getting out of our comfortable bed on my day off to do it.  After he left (later than normal), I felt convicted...

I didn't feel convicted, because Kyle expects me to do things for him every morning...he doesn't at all. I didn't even act grumpy! I felt convicted, because of where my heart was. If we all were honest, we would probably say that 90% of the time we catch ourselves grumbling about "having" to do something for someone (maybe not 90%, but you know I mean). And even though we're human...it doesn't make it right. For those of us who are Christians, we are called to love others...as we love ourselves! Galatians 5:13-14, "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Notice the word freedom. We have a choice! We can feel freedom in choosing to love others. We can avoid feeling burdened or inconvenienced.

 We are given the privilege to love others, because of the love that Christ showed us! How do we show love? Service. *Insert fireworks and massive display of loud cheering* But for real...this is huge. This is countercultural. So, in a culture that is driven by "what's in it for me," I encourage you (and myself) to redirect your heart from selfish grumblings to selfless serving. Give without expecting. Have a servant's heart. Truly Love, because you are loved so much.

-"Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Matthew 20:28 


I want to give a shout out to a couple that's in our church. Kyle and I don't know them very well, but they have such an amazing story of service. I just had to share :) Pray for them. Give to them. My heart is full of praises for what God is doing through them.

Here's where you can give! Also, go and "like" their Facebook page.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/322998/
http://www.facebook.com/OneHeartAfrica?group_id=0

Peace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment