Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Sunday, December 22, 2013

To Be Known


One of the deepest desires in life is to be known- to be loved. Sadly, love tends to be commercialized- distant or completely misunderstood.

For some people, love is a distant dream, harsh words, or a fist to their flesh. 

One of the deepest desires of my heart, is for every living, breathing soul (animals included!) to feel unconditionally loved.

I seriously have a “love detector” (for lack of what to call it!). I’m keenly aware of hearts around me. 

Sometimes it’s a blessing.
Sometimes it’s weighty.

And yet, I know the weight He felt on the cross was a million times heavier.

Conviction- So often, I don’t listen to what the sweet, saving, prompting Spirit is leading me to do.

Confession- I often don’t know what to do or feel capable! So, I do nothing.

But, thankfully, there’s grace. There’s always grace.
And in that grace, people still need love. People still need Jesus.

There are ways to move past awkward moments, schedules, and not knowing what to do.  

And I’m determined. 

To be intentional. 
To take the time time. 
To incorporate.
To encourage. 
To show people, real, true, unconditional love.

Love that doesn't have expectations. Love that doesn't come with a "schedule". Love that doesn't make people feel like a project. 

We all can.

And even though our love is imperfect, we are capable- only because His love is perfect, only because He makes us capable.

And even though this world is broken, even though it will never be perfect- we can make a difference

So where do you start?

Start with your neighbors- your surroundings! 

Thanks to a thoughtful friend, I was reminded to take this holiday season as an opportunity to connect with our new neighbors! She made little bags of homemade candy, but because I've been sick (and never made candy before), I decided on a few of my favorite, simple things- a note, and an inexpensive ornament.

I’m not placing expectations. I’m simply praying for opportunities, and taking them. 

And that’s what I want to continually do. 

Because we are known by Him. Because He first loved us. {1 John 4:19}

1 comment:

  1. What great thoughts Megan :) You are a blessing to everyone.
    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete