Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Thursday, April 17, 2014

His Sweet Mercies


Oh, His sweet mercies. 

So thankful for a few hours to lounge in my comfies & rest on our front porch. So often, it's in these moments, my brittle & broken spirit becomes renewed with His strength. Because [being honest, bringing it all, that'll do it!] 

I'm clinging. I feel empty, unsure, & betrayed. But yet, so did He. 

And yet, I'm in the shadow of His wings. [I may be all sorts of doubting at times, but I am!] He has me. He has it all. I'm secure- for my security isn't in my loved ones, my job, my plans, my health, or my stuff- it's in Him. 

The One who conquered our sins & fears.
The One who conquered death.
The One who emptied a tomb & fills our hearts. 

He conquered it all. Feeling every bit empty, unsure, & betrayed. So, He can conquer this- because He already has

[My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood & righteousness!] 

So. Thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment