Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rest in His Peace

Today, unlike any other day, actually, I am trying to slow down my ever-running mind. From new beginnings, to hard endings- life seems to never slow down, it seems to never have the answers we think it should have, and we’re often surprised or shocked when things don’t go our way. Honestly, why wouldn’t life be that way? Why should we expect everything to go our way? It’s a hard truth…and one I’m not really fond of, if I’m being honest.

But, today. Today, I’m not going to allow myself to wallow in self-pity. I’m not going to allow myself to get stuck on asking “why?” I’m going to rest in the peace that passes all understanding. His peace. I’m going to ravel in his presence. I’m going to sink into his unfailing love. I’m going to rest.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 
Let your Reasonableness be known to everyone.
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, 
but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let you requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ-Jesus. 
Philippians 4:4-7


Go ahead- give yourself grace, let it all go, and rest, too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment