Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ways To Fully Love



Lately, I've been quite selfish. I've been on a loving hiatus. I've been my first, middle, & last thoughts. ((How restless I am. How sick I am. How much I have to do.))

And I hate that. Why? Because that's not the gospel. 

The gospel isn't loving yourself more than others. The gospel is placing yourself aside, loving Christ, & giving of His love.

Christ loved perfectly. And even though I know I can't and won't love perfectly, I want to make the gospel even more tangible and even more prevalent in my life- in other's lives

I keep coming back to 3 ways:

Way 1. ((Put yourself aside.))

Redirect thoughts to loving those around you. 
Love when you don't feel like it- even the unlovable. 

Way 2. ((Serve))

Look for little ways to serve, not just the big ones. 
Make normal, every day tasks an out-pouring of your love. 

Way 3. ((Be Selfless))

Love & serve without intentional gain. 
Make His purpose, your purpose. 

My heart is convicted in all of my relationships, but more so in my marriage. After that precious ring was placed on my finger & every vow was spoken from my lips, I promised that he would come before me. He promised that I would come before him. Most importantly, we made that promise to our Creator. We promised to make Christ the center of our lives. We promised to be salt & light- to preserve & to season. 

So, this journey begins with him. Each day, each moment I can, I want to continually seek for ways to love my husband- ways to point him to Christ. 

I want to continually seek for ways to love others- ways to point them to Christ. 

And I'm going to blog & annoyingly document it!  

So, if you haven't, follow me on Instagram- join me in documenting ways to love and use the hashtag #waystofullylove. 

Be creative. 
Big ways & little ways. 
Be yourself. 
Be Christ. 

Maybe even document the moments when you haven't loved well. ((After all, our lives aren't perfect & our internet lives could use a dose of that reality.))

And don't fear, friends- you will be taken care of. Your needs will not be forgotten on this journey to love others. 

Remember this truth- Christ fully loved, knowing the cross was in his future. And with every footstep, healed body, & meal provided (physically or spiritually), He still kept His Father and others before him. We don't have to fear a cross in our future- He wasn't forgotten in the tomb- there was victory with that love. And that same victorious love is in us. 

That victory is the gospel. 

Let's love! 

Philippians 2

English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ's Example of Humility

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,[a] who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[b] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment