Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rays of Reminders

Today was the first day we opened all the blinds and had an entire afternoon of cleaning, resting, and enjoying our new, quaint place.

{After the polar vortex, we welcomed this little heat wave!}

It was the first time I noticed how beautifully the sun shines through our 1950's windows.




Each time I passed through the living room, I couldn't help but notice the warmth beaming in.



And the nakedness of the windows revealed more than just the bright, warm rays, it revealed a much needed peace- a peace that radiated over me as I conquered my to-do list- a peace that reminded me that newness isn't a season away.

No, it's newness that doesn't just come in the Spring- it comes every day.

Every morning.
Every hour.
Every second.

So, in this new year, in this time of new beginnings and longing for new opportunities, remember that His newness & His mercies are there. They don't end with the close of a year. They don't wait for a new season. 

They are there. They are unending.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.  

Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment