Home Featured Relationships Inspirational DIY

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mocha Club

This is my first "featured" post!

Where you'll find people and organizations that inspire, give, and love!

People and organizations that, even though they're not perfect, strive for justice.
People and organizations that can inspire and help us do the same.

I thought it made sense for the first feature to be an organization that's been a part of my life for almost 6 years. 

An organization that makes much of their gifts and resources.
An organization that I seriously just love & don't talk about enough. 

Mocha Club first came to my attention at a Dave Barnes concert, my freshman year of college.

There was a table set up at the entrance of the concert, advertising a free CD with a commitment to give monthly. The sweet girl behind the table said, "only give up a few mochas a month." To be honest, the idea of giving up any coffee didn't sound appealing, especially for a college student, but giving just $7 monthly for safe drinking water in Africa and getting a new CD really sounded like a deal.

Little did I know, I was committing to something so much bigger than giving up a few cups of coffee.

It's something that changes people's lives- something that changed mine.
It's something that my husband and I still give to 6 years later.

And not only do they provide clean drinking water, they provide education, economic freedom, health care, and orphan care!

They also have some pretty awesome music sponsors & scarves to purchase, too!

  This is one of the first scarves they sold- made by a woman in Africa, that provided income to support her family. 
So, if you're looking to expand your giving, or even just people to commit to pray for, click on the link, and take a look at Mocha Club!

I know your heart will be refreshed.



No comments:

Post a Comment